The time-honored tradition continued today as we took the girls to the Great Geauga County Fair. Sam even declared it the BEST outing to the fair yet!!! (that's a lot coming from him)
This year we decided to take the wagon, rather than the double stroller. I think it was a wise decision. The girls (especially Gracie) enjoyed having quick access in and out to check out the animals.
I was amazed at how many animals Grace wanted to pet. What has happened to my timid child? I think it was all their adventures this summer. She is becoming much less cautious, and dare I say, "an animal lover!"
Emma, of course, enjoyed all the animals as much as ever. When asked she still said that the horses were her favorite!
Here they are watching some draft horses drive a cart through an obstacle course. Grace, as always, wanted to do EVERYTHING Emma was doing!
Grace has some very cute little sunglasses. However, they don't really fit her anymore. But that doesn't keep her from wanting to wear them.
Emma decided it would be more fun to pull the wagon than to ride in it. Luckily, that thrill was short lived!
What is the fair, without some fair food. the girls and I split a giant bucket of fair fries (Emma even told me that she liked it with the vinegar... that a girl!!!), and some lemonade (of which Emma told me, "mom, there is sugar in my lemonade!")
The biggest accomplishment of the day may have been Grace's FIRST pony ride. Now, Emma has riden horses with Aunt Shack for years... but Grace has never wanted anything to do with it. However, today not only did she want to ride, but she LOVED it! In face when it was over, she said she wanted to ride the "other ones".
Another milestone was Emma first ride on the Big Farriswheel with daddy. Of course, our little daredevil enjoyed every second of the thrill.
This was what Grace did the ENTIRE time that Emma and Daddy were up in the air. I honestly couldn't tell if she was made that she had been left behind, or very worried about her daddy. She kept crying for daddy, and she really seemed more upset than angry... who knows?
We finished our fun morning with a ride on the Carosel.
I think, given her enjoyment on the real pony, she was very eager to ride another one... even if it wasn't real.
It was a blazing hot day... but so worth the trip. I just love the fair. I have SO many memories of going to the fair as a small kid, and it's so fun to be doing it now with our girls!!! (maybe next year we'll even deck-out our wagon with bumper stickers!)
1 comment:
Grace has a big-girl pony tail!
Post a Comment