"Let's Go Team Wilsey"


July 7, 2010

Some Vacation Pics!

We took a wonderful vacation a couple of weeks ago with my family up to the Mackinac Island area of Michigan! We had beautiful weather and a VERY relaxing few days in the woods. We literally took hundreds of pictures and it was very hard to decide which ones to share. I tried to keep it to a minimum, but I think I failed. There were just too many adorable ones of the girls.

This was right when we arrived... after having driven through the night and arrived at 6am in Cheyboygan, MI.

The first night there we celebrated Boppa's birthday! by sticking candles in a box of Breyers.

We were all very tired and a little slap-happy. But I think it was worth it (driving through the night) to have happy girls who had never gotten off their schedule!


Emma adores Ricky! It was a good week for Emma, constant attention from 7 adults.

A fire pit in the backyard was a very cool toy to Emma. Luckily she had a little bit of fear and didn't really venture near it without daddy.

This was a screaming match with Ricky... I think he won!

Day 2 we took out the canoes onto Lake Huron. Emma loved being in a boat, but it was really choppy and way more of a workout than I wanted on a vacation.

Hanging out with her Bekah. they were both in heaven.

More fun with Ricky!

Hanging out with mommy by the fire.

The girls on the ferry waiting to head to Mackinac Island.



The whole gang. and of course, Grace is smiling!

... and more smiles!

Our whole family in the butterfly house.

It is very hard to get two small girls to look at the camera at the same time. Grrrrrrrrrrrr!

Grace spent 90% of the day riding on my belly in the baby carrier.

Daddy and Emma share a root beer float

Well, "share" is a relative term.

She was a champ that day. She was very pleasant and fairly obedient with no nap.

And then, at about 4:30pm, after constant excitement looking at tons of horses, running pretty much the length of the island because she didn't want to be in the stroller, she passes out on her daddy's shoulder. This is the first time we wore her out enough to fall asleep in public! It only took us 2 1/2 years!

The next day we did a lot of "rock hunting" on the beach.

Emma loved 5 straight days with her daddy.

Playing "chase" with Ricky while we packed up the cars.

Ricky usually won.

We kept trying to take a family picture... but like i said, two little girls looking at the camera at the same time = near impossible.



This was probably our best attempt.

This one was ok because Grace was konked out in her carrier.

What a cutie. She looks so peaceful and angelic here... my how pictures can be deceiving.

The whole group on the porch of our cabin. We missed Nate and Brittany. Add them in and I think it would have been one of the best vacations. I wasn't sure what I was going to think about a cabin in the woods. But it turned out to be so relaxing. Other than the trip to Mackinac, there really wasn't any thing to do other than hang around the cabin. And believe me, if we ever needed a vacation to just do NOTHING... it was right then!


4 comments:

The Worsts said...

:) I'm so glad Michigan was good to you all :) Come visit again soon!

The Worsts said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sarah said...

Thanks for posting that pic of me with a beer in my mouth... lol

Taflinger said...

I love the family pic with Sam holding the ever so manly diaper bag! Priceless! Looks like such a great, relaxing vacation! My fave is mom and Emma by the fire!! Can't believe how big Grace is! I need to see those sweet faces again!