Grace is a pure delight. She seems to be turning into "mommy's girl". There have now been quite a few times that someone takes her from me and she immediately begins crying. This is a new experience for me. Usually Emma started crying when I picked her up and stopped when I handed her off to someone else.
Grace is currently sleeping about 10-101/2 hours straight. So, i really cannot complain. She also eats hearty and naps 3-4 times per day. All in all, an easy baby.
Emma has crossed many milestones over the past month. We have been potty-training very consistently now for about 3 weeks. She is picking it up very well. She sleeps in pull-ups but spends the rest of the day in her "big-girl panties" and accidents are becoming rarer every day. However, I will say that potty-training has turned out to be the hardest part of 'parenting' thus far. Cleaning 2-year-old poop off of floors, walls, toilet seats, legs, hands, pants, etc. is just NO fun. It is also very frustrating when you have a kid who can have long conversations with you about her poop and her pee... but then chooses NOT to put it in the potty. Grrrrrrr! But there is light at the end of the tunnel and I think we have made it thru the worst.
Emma also gave her crib to her little sister this week. Emma is now sleeping in the bunk-bed we put in her room and the crib is upstairs in the nursery for Grace. Compared to potty-training, the bed transition was a piece of cake. I think it helped that we picked a day when she hadn't napped. So, when it came time for bed, she had no choice but to just fall asleep even if she was in a new place.
For Christmas, Aunt Shack bought Emma a giant stuffed horse. She said she had ALWAYS wanted one as a child and never got one. So, she wanted to buy one for Emma. My response was "Gee thanks... where am I supposed to put it?" However, Emma LOVES it. She loves all things horses. Sam even took her out to Aunt Shack's barn and Emma got to sit up on a horse.
Grace, just hanging out in her carseat. It is such a comfy place.
2 comments:
Wilsey's!!! What a beautiful family you have!! Emma is such a big girl now...pottying, sleeping, and eat like a real grown-up! And that Grace is so lovely! Ahhh the joys of children, I just want to kiss them up!
I love that first pic- super cute! Thanks for the Congrats by the way:) I feel like I've joined a new club...and I like it! I'm impressed with all the recent updates...I guess I will have to get this blog thing rolling!
Post a Comment