Well, after weeks of pushing herself up only to then sit back down, of looking with longing eyes at the toys across the room, of rocking back and forth on her knees and hands only to fall forward and resemble a beached whale... Emma has finally gotten up onto her hands and knees (or hands and feet) and made movement in the forward direction.




Her favorite method is to keep her left knee on the ground and push herself forward with the right foot. It is quite a sight! I know she is very proud of her accomplishment. Sometimes she will crawl forward a few feet, turn, sit up and then start clapping. So adorable.
Yesterday was a "doubly" big day! She also has been credited with saying her FIRST word! There have been many ramblings that resembled words, but I didn't think they should count because she didn't know what she was saying.However, yesterday there was no doubt in my mind. I asked her, "Where is buddy?" and then she looked around the room for him, and when she found him she said, "Buuu-dy". We did this over and over again. The 'd' sound wasn't great, but she certainly knew what she was saying. This is a picture of her saying that very word!
It was a big day for Emma!
2 comments:
Congrats Emma! What a big day:) The Michigan trip was good timing...now you have a baby on the move!
Yay! My dad always says that baby milestones happen after they take a trip somewhere. He says they do things in leaps and bounds after a trip. I don't know if it's proven, but it seemed to be the case with Tyler. ;) I love Emma's pictures...and all her lovely baby chub!!! :D Can't wait to see you guys!!! Love ya!
Post a Comment